Are you getting ready to send your little one off to kindergarten? If so, you may be wondering what you can do to help prepare them for the big transition. Kindergarten is an important milestone in a child’s education, and it’s crucial that they are ready for the challenge. The ABCs of Preschool is a guide that will help you do just that! In this blog post, we will discuss the basics that every preschooler should know before entering River Valley Preschool.
Kindergarden in Singapore
When it comes to kindergarten, Singapore offers a world-class education system. The government provides high-quality preschools for children three to six years old. These preschools are staffed by qualified, experienced teachers who use an approved curriculum. All children in Singapore have the opportunity to attend a preschool, regardless of their family’s income.
How to prepare your preschooler for kindergarden
There are a few things you can do as a parent to help prepare your child for kindergarten.
- Understand basics – First, it’s important that they have a good grasp of the basics, such as numbers, shapes, and colors. You can help them practice these concepts at home through everyday activities and games.
- Encourage independence – Another important thing to focus on is encouraging your child to be independent. This means teaching them how to dress, use the bathroom on their own, and follow simple instructions. It may take some time and patience, but it will be worth it in the end!
- Practice social skills – You will want to make sure your child is comfortable interacting with other kids. This can be done by enrolling them in a preschool or playgroup, taking them to the park, or even just playing with other kids in the neighborhood.
- Create a routine – One way to ease the transition into kindergarten is to create a daily routine for your child. This can include practices such as making their bed, brushing their teeth, and getting dressed for school. A routine will help your child feel more comfortable and confident on their first day of kindergarten.
- Talk to your child- It’s also important to talk to your child about what to expect on their first day of kindergarten. This can help them feel more prepared and excited for the new experience. Be sure to go over things like where they will be going, what they will be doing, and who they will be meeting.
- Reassure them- Finally, it’s important to reassure your child that you will be there for them. Let them know that you are always available if they need anything and that you are excited to see them grow and learn.
By following these tips, you can help your child feel prepared and confident as they enter kindergarten. It’s a big milestone in their life, and you want to do everything you can to set them up for success.